There are many product specifications of H-beams, and the classification methods are as follows.
(1) According to the flange width of the product, it is divided into wide flange, medium flange and narrow flange H-beams. The flange width B of wide flange and medium flange H-beam is greater than or equal to the web height H. The flange width B of narrow flange H-beam is approximately equal to one-half of the web height H. The flange width of narrow flange H-beam is approximately equal to the web height H.
(2) According to the product use, it is divided into H-beam, H-beam column, H-beam pile, and very thick flange H-beam. Sometimes parallel-legged channels and parallel-flange T-beams are also included in the range of H-beams. Generally, narrow flange H-beam is used as beam material, and wide flange H-beam is used as column material, according to which there are beam H-beam and column H-beam.
(3) According to the production method, it is divided into welded H-beam and rolled H-beam.
(4) According to the size specification, it is divided into large, medium and small size H-beams. Usually, the products with web height H above 700mm are called large, 300-700mm are called medium, and those less than 300mm are called small. By the end of 1990, the world's largest H-beam web height of 1200mm and flange width of 530mm.
H-shape steel beam is mainly used for beam and column members in industrial and civil structures.
1. Steel structure bearing support for industrial structures
2. Steel pile and support structure for underground engineering
3. Industrial equipment structure such as petrochemical and electric power
4. Large span steel bridge members
5. Ship and machinery manufacturing frame structure
6. Train, car and tractor beam support
7. Port conveyor belt and high speed baffle supportH shape steel beam is an economic section steel, widely used in industry, construction, bridge, oil drilling platform, etc. According to forecast The demand for H-beam in China is about 2.5 million tons in 2005 and 5 million tons in 2010, but the current annual production capacity of H-beam in China is 1.2 million tons, and the market demand is very huge.